View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Default negative and nuetral feedback

Posted By: warshawlaw

The problem with the feedback system is that you buy a retaliatory strike every time you ding someone. Now, if there could be a method of sorting out feedbacks to prevent retaliation, I would use it more.

Reneggers are a different problem. I usually don't apply for a credit unless the item was expensive to list. Frankly, it is not worth my time to spend 5 minutes seeking to recoup $0.30 (especially since the government will take 1/3 or more of any amount that drops to my bottom line anyway). If the item is expensive to list, I will pursue a refund. I am generally pretty crappy on negative or neutral feedback for reneggers. I don't need the conflict in my hobby that I have in my business, so if someone wants to reneg on a $9.99 deal I will usually ignore it. I also don't want to buy the negative retaliatory strike.

One issue that isn't addressed but that I will throw out there are those dealers who are threatening and negative in their communications before and after an auction, or who demand an extortionate shipping price that is not posted in the listing. I understand it is irritating to get burned. However, they need to understand that stating onerous terms in angry language ain't the way to win friends. I am one of those well-heeled buyers who simply won't do business with obnoxious, rude dealers. I also can't stand the guy who sells a card for $2 and demands $5 to mail it out. I have reneged on a couple of deals where the seller was an A$$**** after the auction ended, and taken the negative feedback ding for it.