View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Default Will Trade Entire 19th Cent. Collection For Advice / Suggestions Re: Card Scanning

Posted By: Jon & Jennifer

Okay, maybe not the ENTIRE collection. How about all the 1990's Scores?

Until recently, I used a digital camera to upload card photos (with very poor results most of the time). But I came across an old thread within this board where someone suggested using a scanner, rather than a camera. [We just bought a relatively inexpensive scanner within the last week -- a Canon LiDe 500F -- wow, what a difference.]

Despite my love & affection for this great new toy, I'm STILL having some serious problems getting decent scans. Could someone PLEASE let me know what I'm doing wrong or offer some suggestions??? The scans of card faces/fronts are a breeze, but I've found it literally impossible to get a clear & sharp scan of most vintage card BACKS. Blank backs or backs with large or bold print are not a problem, but cards with small, fine, or light tinted text turn out very blurred and totally illegible -- despite everything that I've tried thus far to reconfigure the scanner settings. I'm obviously doing SOMETHING wrong, because everyone else seems to be able to get scans of the same or similar issues that look fantastic.

Any thoughts/suggestions/advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm sorry for the slightly off topic post--hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction before it gets deleted!!

Thanks,
Jennifer