Thread: Imagine if...
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 09:40 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Colin Kaepernick earned more than $43 million dollars during his career. He has donated just a little over $1 million (not the millions as you stated). That's 2.3% of his salary. The average American donates 3.7% of their annual salary. Big sacrifice there.

Edited to educate the misinformed: Lost wages? He opted out of his contract. That would be like me quitting my job and then complaining about lost wages.
It's hard to take seriously a claim of ultimate sacrifice by someone with $40 million in prior earnings. I think it's admirable that he is taking a stand and speaking out against racism, and I support him in that, but let's not couch this in terms of ultimate sacrifice please.

And let's not accuse anyone who disagrees with the campaign of somehow wanting to distract attention from racism and police violence, that's ridiculous.

Oh, and according to Celebrity Net Worth, Colin is still worth a cool $20 million. Now there's nothing wrong with an uber-wealthy person taking a stand for the less fortunate. Again, it's a question of how it's characterized.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-15-2018 at 09:51 PM.