View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 02:29 PM
James M

really impressive posts in this thread. back runs are a labor of love, some are easier than others, but when we are talking about cards that are 100+ years old, sometimes even the "commons" can be tougher to find.

I was working on a T206 Krause Portrait back run and had all of the non-very rare backs, excluding the SC 350/25. After looking for months, I just gave up. That was around the time I decided I was going to alter my goal and go for a 520 set. As I've been accumulating cards for the 520, I've decided my secondary goal is going to be to collect sub-sets of the non-super rare backs. For example, the 34 card SC 150/649OP set and a 250 card Polar Bear set. Those will still take a lot of time and money to complete, but I think for me, it will be more satisfying to spend $3000 on 55 Polar Bear backs for a subset instead of spending $3000 on a low grade Carolina Brights card to complete a player back run. If my budget was on par with some of the budgets other board members here have, I would have a number of back run projects in the works. For now, gotta make due with what I have.