View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Dan Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
Larry,

Could you elaborate on your meeting with him? Are you referring to the All Star game?

As a Red Sox fan, I'm programmed to despise the pinstripes....HOWEVER, it's widely accepted here in MA that Jeter is a classy guy and he is RESPECTED by RS Nation....

Would love to hear about your encounter though.
Three comments:

1. We met a few of the Yankee players when they Yankees were playing in Tampa a few years ago. We were aided by my daughter and a few of her friends (young single girls in their 20's). There were four Yankees hanging around the hotel with us (Molina, A Rod's step brother, M Cabrerra, and Cano (who didn't speak much English)). Heard this directly from them: We no like Jeter......

2. I agree, there's no player who ever has had as many cheap hits as Jeter. If I managed against him I would have the right fielder playing on the right field line and the second baseman in the hole every time he's up.

3. I'm a life long Red Sox fan and I have to admit: I wish he was on the Red Sox for the last ten years or at least since Nomar left. The cheap hits come from the fact that he somehow manages to put the bat on the ball every time. He seems to come through when they need him to.

As a baseball fan I'm rooting for him to break Rose's hits record. He's 10 times the person that Pete Rose is. I loved Peter Rose as a kid but now realize like everyone else that he may be one of the biggest jerks to ever put on a MLB uniform (and even with all of that I still believe he should be in the HOF, induct him in the day after he dies).

Last edited by DanP; 02-11-2013 at 08:00 PM.