View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 03:51 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

eBay mandates returns, so you have to take returns but you can try to make it unpalatable as possible by not voluntarily offering free return shipping and charging a 20% restocking fee. The recent eBay rule changes will make it harder for you to force the buyer to pay return shipping. All the buyer has to do is allege that the item wasn't as described:

"The cost of return shipping for an item that is not as described is the seller's responsibility."

I suppose you could fight that with a graded card provided the buyer got the card shown, but it is sure to be a battle over a few bucks.

I had a recent experience with a pissy buyer that I thought of with this thread. I got this PM from a buyer:

"thanks for the crappy card, terrible condition, and the crappy holder to go with it..."

The card in question is a 1948 Leaf Joe Louis. A PSA 8 sells for $1500; the card I sold was a beater with big scans and went for under $30 in competitive bidding. My response:

"You mean the card listed with the scans that clearly show the condition that had a starting bid of 0.3% of the price of a PSA 8 and that cost you less than 2% of what a PSA 8 card sells for? You don't like it send it back for a refund. You have that option. But spare me the sarcasm. There are plenty of buyers who understand that even a vg-ex Louis is a $100+ card and who are happy to fill a low grade set with this one; I will sell it again to one of the multiple underbidders. Oh, and you are now blocked from further bidding in my auctions. Have a nice day and God Bless."

Of course the card wasn't returned...yet.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 03-18-2018 at 03:53 PM.