View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 06:07 PM
Mike

Default 1970 Kellogg set

Hi there - new to the forum. I have collected for over 35 years, mostly vintage Topps, but only recently considered the 1970 Kellogg's set. I love the design, player photos, and high quality stars in the short (75-card) set. I'd like to consider assembling a complete set, but have a few questions about the cards after reading a few threads here:

1) Raw or graded. Since the cards don't have a high BV, does raw make more sense? Or since it's a lower cost set, maybe a set of all 8s or 9s could be easy?

2) Protecting the cards and display. I read that the cards often curl and crack (even in slabs). Would album pages be as good a route as any other? I have several Topps 1970s sets in display albums and I like flipping through them, but not sure if this works to protect the Kellogg's

3) Best place to buy. On eBay, I see some sets - many are in not great condition with some cards horribly curled. Any ideas on best places to find dealers with good sets?

Would appreciate any guidance from experienced Kellogg's collectors out there. Thanks a ton !

Mike