View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 05:37 AM
Administrator

Default 07' National Story Posted on SportsAntiques.com

Posted By: Greg Theberge

Carlton,

Where are you located? Do you get to Adamstown frequently?

We're from RI and my sister lives in Nazareth PA which is a little over an hour away from Adamstown. I get down there maybe once every few years depending on what day I'm at my sister's house. I think I found one item for my beer collection there after thirty years of looking. I know you like old advertising, so if you have an interest in this stuff, check it out at:

www.rhodeislandbreweryhistory.com

A few years back I picked up a nice Ted Williams Hartland Statue there but now that I only collect pre-1920 Red Sox, will eventually end up getting rid of it.

What I usually get at Adamstown are things my wife says I shouldn't buy (too many "tangents")- stuff I remember from my childhood, like Munster comic books, etc. The place always has a lot of cool stuff there. I especially love Renninger's which I remember going to as a kid.

Anyway, I always felt that the social aspect of collecting was just as important as obtaining material possessions. The people you meet and get to know, and the stories that go along with them are just as fun, if not more so. It's nice when you run into folks on this forum, or on your website for examples, that bring this to light on the computer screen. Your article made me feel like I was there.

Thanks again for all of your hard work. I know (putting out two websites myself) how much time and effort you spent on it.

Go Sox!

Greg