Thread: July pickups
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2023, 09:22 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
Been awhile since I’ve posted a pickup. This one is out of the ordinary for me but Felix Hernandez is far and away my favorite pitcher in Mariners history. Next month he will honored by the Mariners by being inducted in the Mariners Hall of Fame.

Randy “the Big Unit”was a Prima Dona and took his game to Arizona. He couldn’t perform for Seattle in his contract year because of a mysterious issue with his back. When he arrived in Arizona the heat, sunshine, and new contract miraculously healed him and just magically he was dominating hitters once again. King Felix stayed in Seattle out of love for the city, team, and fans. He gave the club a home town discount. Unfortunately the organization didn’t invest in the team as much as he invested his career in it. He was loyal and I fear he paid for it dearly. If he had followed Randy’s example packed his bags, chased the trophy paycheck,and won a ring he might have been attending an induction ceremony in Cooperstown rather than T-Mobile next month. Long live the King. I miss him. Anyway this photo appeared in ESPN the magazine. I lucked into an original print and was lucky enough to have it signed in this manner.
Go Mariners! Loved King Felix. I think he's HOF worthy. He should have 75 more wins. He has a 2.91 ERA in 114 no-decisions cuz the Mariners sucked his entire career. And people still try to tell me wins don't matter anymore in this day and age. Tell that to Felix cuz people use his resume against him.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo