View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 03:49 PM
Jason Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Hi Jason

Regarding the Ames card....I could go into some heavy "nitty-gritty" why I know this card was NOT printed with an AB 460 back,
nor a UZIT back.
Instead, I'll refer you to this thread which I posted this past Summer. I think you'll get a "kick" out of it ......
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=240984

TED Z

T206 Reference
That's a hell of a good post. So not only do they have the Ames marked wrong (I mean, at least list it as Possible, rather than confirmed) for AB460 and Uzit, they also have the Hindu Red marked as a flat out "no", where clearly it should be at least marked as a "possible". Learning as I go!

Now, since I read that post, in which Steve B. posted a link to an article questioning the validity of the existence of the SOV350 George Davis, I have to inquire and get your thoughts. It certainly seems on paper that it would/could exist, but with none having been graded, and only very few SOV150, and relatively few PD350's. This seems to mirror one of the originally suspected "Elite 11" (as they were known at the time), Jim Pastorius. They are in all of the exact same sets, including the lightly distributed SC150-649OP, and Pastorius was NOT included in Sovereign 350. Seems more than possible that George Davis was in the same boat .... perhaps even on some of the same original sheets used for distribution. Thoughts on this?
Hindu Brown: 1/34

****NY Highlanders Team Set****
Basic Team Set: 13/28
Master Team Set: 13/315