View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 06:42 AM
Mike P.ap

Default $$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoebob69 View Post
Will someone please explain to me what the point of PSA qualifiers are? I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of grading to start with. Other than the authentication of a card I believe there is to much subjectivity and opinion involved instead of a standard. With that said,how can a card be off center and still be a 9? It literally goes against the whole fabric grading is based on! Does anyone have any input on it?
It is just another money maker for them. SGC and Beckett do not do quailifiers and I suspect someday that PSA will have a big announcement that they will not do qualifiers anymore and then all those folks who want a card without qualifiers will send them back to PSA and spend more money on the cards. Churn and burn.
Thats what the grading companies should be named!

A PSA 9 O/C is not really a 9. In their registry set, a card like this would count as a PSA 7. Typically they drop 2 grades due to a qualifier. Some don't mind them, some hate them. I typically ask for no qualifiers. In this case, if I had sent the PSA 9 O/C in and asked for no qualifiers, it would come back a straight PSA 7 (on a perfect day). If you have dealt with these companies long enough, there are not many "perfect days". Very arbitrary, very inconsistent, and quite frankly could care less what we think.

Peace, Mike