View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 12:34 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
I think some games just are on the extreme and can be thrown out. A game with 25 runs probably would be considered an outlier...every pitcher in game 5 would be considered a choker...kershaw probably pitched the best versus every other pitcher in game 5...

kershaw didnt lose the game..when up 3 when he exited with 2 outs as well....what he have 1 Loss in his last 10 playoff starts? thats far from a choker..and agaisnt number 1 starters to boot....now Kenley is another matter...
Not really wanting to engage in the Kershaw post season debate, but have to comment. He is clearly an amazing pitcher, the best (during the regular season) of this decade, but had he brought his A game, he would not be getting pulled before the end of the 5th.

I know Bumgarner's post season stats get talked about more than enough, but when talking about what might be good for Kershaw, I have to point out the lines from Bum's WS appearances.

2010-
8 innings, 0 ER- Win (road)

2012-
7 innings, 0 ER- Win (road)

2014-
7 innings, 1 ER- Win (road)
9 innings 0 ER- Shutout Win
5 innings, 0 ER- saves game 7 (road)

For good measure, throw in his 2x complete game shutouts in elimination wild card games, and you've got a true postseason ace.

When you have to make qualification after qualification about someone/something, it's probably just not that great.

Last edited by itjclarke; 10-30-2017 at 12:36 AM.