View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 08:48 AM
Al

Default Closing Tonight: Love of the Game Auctions

Hi All:

Just a reminder that the Love of the Game Winter Auction closes tonight.

The extended bidding period begins at 9PM Eastern, with the 15 minute rule pertaining to the entire auction. The auction has more than 1200 lots, so I expect that this one will be open late.

There are still some lots that seem to be flying under the radar, so I thought I'd draw your attention to them here.

There's a beautiful T207 Ward Miller with Cycle back, one of the rarities of the set, that's a PSA 7 - one of the highest graded examples known (there's only one 8).

There's an absolutely beautiful T204 Ramly Jimmy McAleer, graded PSA NM-MT 8. One of the finest Ramlys I've ever seen.

There are two rare N172 Old Judge Minis - Ed Greer and Jack O'Brien - that are just super cool cards.

There's a really neat 1886 Lorillard Detroit Wolverines team card that features four Hall of Famers: Sam Thompson, Ned Hanlon, Deacon White, and Dan Brothers.

There's a super rare 1915 Schmelzer's Ty Cobb pinback, the highest-graded example known (PSA 7), one of just a handful known to exist.

There are also a couple of really nice team-signed baseballs: the 1928 Athletics (w/Cobb, Grove, and Cochrane), 1934 Cubs (w/Hartnett, Klein, Herman and Cuyler), the finest 1954 Giants ball I've ever seen, and a nice, affordable single-signed Babe Ruth.

There's also a great selection of game-used Hall of Famer bats, and of course the fantastic 1930 Lou Criger Appreciation Poster signed by 49 deadball era figures (including 12 Hall of Famers).

I know this week has been a tough week for the hobby. But it's still the greatest hobby in the world. Please bid with confidence and enthusiasm; we love and value the hobby and its purity as much as all of you!

Warm Regards, and good luck!
-Al