View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 10:14 AM
Cha.rles He.nry

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
Ha, I don't even know if I could list the contents anymore. There's a lifetime worth of collecting stuffed into that box. I feel pretty safe keeping the bulk of my biggies there, but do rotate 1 or 2 out at a time, and always keep a few favorites nearby to get my nightly fix. If you wanna take a peak, my avatar is my safe deposit box.

Re- my Mantle ball, I'd be curious, does anyone have an idea as to market value? I don't plan to ever ever sell it, and don't have illusions as to its being incredibly valuable, but do wonder what it might bring at auction. I feel the other players' sigs (Joplin and Enid players) should pretty definitively date it as a minor league Mantle sig, and figure those may be relatively scarce.
I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of the major auction houses ask about the ball to be featured in one of their auctions. I think it's the type of item that can show some real interest with the super high end collectors. I can't remember ever seeing a pre 1951 Mantle ball.