View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 12:10 PM

Thanks, Ted Zanidakis and MikeGarcia, for loading up pictures worth thousands of words. I stand corrected on my price estimate of .39 - .49 cents. Wow---.29 cents. Truly, as you say, a bargain.

The rich color images of Dizzy Dean, Babe Ruth, and Honus Wagner are stunning. There are so few cards of 'ol Diz as well. The Ruth and Wagner are also nice affordable alternatives. I love the pose of Honus; you can see the taut muscles in his face as he's just whacked a double or a triple!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again, friends.

As someone has stated and shown, the Exhibit is glorious, and a fine alternative to a four-figure early period card of Joe. They're reasonably plentiful, definitely from his career years, over-sized, and prized! Again, strive to get a PSA or SGC graded specimen. This helps give the card protection, helps you determine the card's value, allows you to show it to others without having a near case of cardiac arrest, and will definitely help you should the time come to either pass it down, or sell it off.

This is my opinion only, but I would steer clear of the 1951 Berk Ross. The image is nice, but the cardboard used began toning in the early 50s I suspect, if you know what I mean. If you don't know what I mean, the cheap cardboard began to age swiftly and does not weather the years well. I still say stick with the 1961 Golden Press or an Exhibit, if you must have a period card of the great Joe DiMaggio.

----Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 12-07-2015 at 10:53 AM. Reason: I forgot to include Ted Zanidakis among those who loaded up images. Sorry Ted!