View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 02:37 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
I have had a knife collection for about 40 years - small maybe 40 or so knives. Just collected what I liked - more gadget and feature-oriented than "quality". As far as my experience - the market is very fragmented/ WAY less "organized" than sports cards and memorabilia. Resale is hard.

Mostly go to gun shows to find them - there is a great one I just found last year - was about to go to my second one right when COVID hit - it was canceled 2 days before it was supposed to open. It is in eastern Pennsylvania - if that is close to you let me know and I'll find the name of it.
Gun shows, antique shows, and western theme venues are great for knives. Here in Eastern Washington is a traveling antique show called Custer's. It comes to Spokane, Tri-Cities and Yakima, maybe Wenatchee. In Spokane they always have a great variety, including knives. I don't collect knives, but I have always enjoyed the antler handles.

I made my own knife 2-3 years ago. If you haven't done that, it's great. I highly recommend it. It was a cool experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo