View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
This is well said and hits the nail on the head. Is also support what Shelly was saying. Why do people get so angry? IT'S AN OPINION, not the end all be all.

You have some people that act like people are saying their opinion is not as good as PSA or JSA. That's not the case either. You have others that, who the hell knows what they are talking about. Bottom line is that what Shelly said is exactly right.

As for Mr Stinson and Mr Simon. I think it's pretty much established that you both are experts in your field, but as the previous person mentioned what if I want golf or football or some other sport that you may not carry. One cannot always rely on one dealer. Nor should those people be limited to selling their items back to you if they can get more for it with a PSA letter.

Also, Jim and Richard already had their businesses well established before PSA was was created, try establishishing an autograph business nowadays without third party authentication. It would be very hard to do and I think most people would agree with that.

I read a lot of these threads and WAY too many take peoples opinions WAY too seriously. Including myself at times. Bottom line is people are free to do whatever they want and it doesn't make them a bad person or a stupid collector.

who is the football expert at psa, jsa? then why do you feel comfortable sending it in to them if you dont know????

why give richard a jim grief for not being experts at everything when you cant tell me who the football expert is at psa or jsa, yet you feel comfortable sending your football stuff in?

please tell me who looks at your football stuff and who authenticates it? is it the guy who signs off on the LOA "on behalf" of the team? who looked at it? YOU DONT KNOW!! Then why do you feel comfortable with them, you don't even know if they have a football expert.

wake up people!