Thread: E-Bay changes?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 07:34 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default top rated sellers getting shafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsnstuff View Post
I am extremely disappointed in ebay lately; They have changed for the worse for sellers {and for all} as far as I can see:

(1) guaranteeing deliveries that the post office won't do unless with the most expensive overnight shipping service
(2) offering free returns; come on and encourage scammers/flippers/prospectors/ what ever you want to call them. Buy a card try to resell higher or request a minimum grade and when you don't get it......return it on the sellers dime {seems reasonable doesn't it} or buy that shirt wear it to the party than return it. I mean really; come on man...
(3) use a product catalog with stock images{another brain storm}
(4) never be able to leave buyer negative feedback; great idea how are we sellers supposed to know the good from the bad but I guess there are no bad buyers.
(5) make it difficult to look up past prices. {thank god for vcp & psa prices realized}
(6) remove the see sellers other items feature or make it harder to search a sellers store {another brainstorm}

The list goes on and on. I am not sure who is behind all this but in a few years when they -ebay- get bought out for pennies on the $; they will wonder what & how did that happen......
all these new rules applies to Top Rated Sellers only !!!!
if you are Top Rated and you want to continue getting 10% off sellers final sale fees and have top rated seller badge shown you must comply with new requirements , if you do not want discount , dont do it opt out. this is Just another way ebay can save money at top rated sellers expense.
Lets face it most bad buyers will say item is not as described so as not to pay for return shipping. having to accept return for fear of negative feedback.
You have to do the bean count, last year I saved over $785 in discounted top rated seller fees , I had two people return items out of 1085 transactions during that period . So I will take my chances, and wait for the next crazy ebay requirement , to screw us top rated sellers out of any discounts

Last edited by megalimey; 06-13-2018 at 07:35 AM.