View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Default T206 "Elite Eleven"....their various backs & SURVEY

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

I have 2 ungraded Schlei (catching) in my records with EPDG backs. The other two Schlei poses in my records have no EPDG
backs. I think you will agree that the SGC POP report is misleading in this case, since there are 3 distinct Schlei poses in this
particular T206 population. And, especially, since I have never seen the two 460 Series Schlei poses with EPDG backs.

Dahlen, Ewing, Ganley, Jones, and Lundgren are extremely tough to find with EPDG backs. I got my Lundgren (EPDG) in 1985.
Recently, on ebay I saw only the 2nd one ever. And, I'll tell you that in the intervening 23 years I have scanned approx. 1700
Lundgren (Cubs) cards. Karger, Lindaman, and Mullin seem to be about as available as any other EPDG card.

Anyhow, you are losing sight of my original intention of this thread.....and, that is looking for how many Piedmont 350 (or Sweet
Cap 350 or Sovereign 350) backs of these "elite 11" can be found. I'm 99.9% positive we won't find Sweet Cap 350 or Sovereign
350 backs on these 11. But, you never know with this "Monster"....just when you think you are getting to know it, it zings you
with a new surprise. The purpose of introducing the EPDG data in this survey is primarily intended to "flush-out" the possibility of
Ames, Doyle or Schulte having a "350" back. The EPDG brand on the T206's was introduced at the very early stages of the 350
Series. This is a hard fast rule....if a T206 Subject is found with an EPDG back, invariably this same Subject will be found with a
350 back. However, it may take many years of looking, as 99.5% of these cards will have 150 Series backs on them.

TED Z