View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 10:03 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
Jonathan, let's say I was a lawyer and decided to take your side... I believe your strongest argument is that it is a unique pose, and I agree it is unusual for a new subject to "pop-up" after all these years. I agree that the card is not ready to be checklisted. We need more information.

Here is an actor/celeb card from ebay's "macyjordy" next to a Von Der Ahe I have. These look similar in design and unlike the baseball players.
I do agree that the two cards in your post look very much like they cold have been drawn by the same artist. And it shows that the Von der ahe has another card from the set with a similar pose. That would leave the Wood as the only card from the set with no other card using the same pose. And as I stated before many issues of the time used a similar sliding pose on a very small percentage of players.
As for the unique pose being the strongest argument Again I agree it is up there.But it is the large number of inconsistencies that convinced me. When it was first posted all I said (and I was not the first ) was I did not like the look of the front. Then the back was posted and I downloaded the image and looked closer.
But I hope the OP brings it to a show soon where it can be looked at and this thread can be put to bed.
Happy collecting Jonathan