View Single Post
Old 01-14-2024, 12:56 PM

Default Uncut 1901 Ogden's Boxers Sheet

Hi all!

I'm a new member and have found a lot helpful information on this forum since I started collecting boxing cards and memorabilia recently. This group seems very passionate about advancing the collective knowledge of boxing cards and their history. I'm very appreciative to have been added as a member, and look forward to learning from this group.

I'm getting back into the card collecting hobby again for the first time in about 10-15 years after focusing on my other passion, US and Ancient Coins.

Boxing has been my favorite sport since I was about 12 or 13. It's a sport that is so rich with history, and I love re-watching classic fights or learning about the legends of the sport.

I especially love the tobacco card era (pre-1945).

I recently picked up an uncut full production sheet of 1901 Ogden's 'Heroes of the Ring'. The sheet is in excellent mint condition with the exception of some minor chipping at the top of the sheet that does not impact the cards, and a minor tear on J. Mace.

Question to this group:
I've given some thought to having the tear repaired, primarily, so it does not get worse. I know with cards and coins it's usually frowned upon to do any repairs or restorations because it can hurt the value.

Would I be better off leaving it alone? I don't want to risk damaging any of the other cards, but I don't want the tear to get worse either.

Thank you,
Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240114_135958.jpg (201.2 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg 20240114_140008.jpg (208.2 KB, 85 views)