Thread: April Pickups
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Vincent Hecksel

For the past several years my new year’s resolution has been to try limiting my acquisitions only to autographs of vintage Detroit Tigers ballplayers on my want list. Or, for extraordinary autograph items (authentic) offered at too-good-to-pass-on prices. Needless to say, both of those scenarios have generated very few purchases. And so, each year, my resolve is tested, and I give in; but just alittle. As it did Wednesday night (4/05/2017) with the latest Clean Sweep on-line auction. I did not need either of these two items. And the quality of both is, in my eyes, marginal given the tight cuts. But the price on the Bob Fothergill lined cut was acceptable, and the typed note by Bobby Veach on the back of the 3x5 with his signed document cut was just “the gravy” to entice me to bid. Neither are world moving, or earth shaking in nature, but do represent the first two autographs I have purchased this year. Now to get back on the straight and narrow path of staying true to that new year’s resolution.