View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 02:21 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeBailey2 View Post
I was quite interested in this post and noticed no response.

I went to the PSA registry and looked at the date ranges and found all three groups.

For the Group I & II, grades are only "Authentic". I would suppose this is due to the photo being attached to the cardboard backing. None were for sale, so I was unable to determine when they were graded.

The Group III, due to the border being part of the photo, are basically cards. These had numerical grades. Like the Beliveau, all are new flips, so they have been graded recently. I would assume that the Group I & II are also newly graded based on the low number of slabbed photos. It appears that most of the are currently for sale. While the Beliveau is being auctioned through PWCC, the rest all seem to be from 4SC. Could it be possible that 4SC's is test auctioning a card via PWCC? That would be interesting to know.
Thanks for the info, George.

I would also tend to believe what you say is likely correct? Seems like the only logical explanation to me anyways.

I recently bid on a couple trophy cards, which seem quite rare, but was unable to win them due to being away.

After I bid, however, I did notice shipping at $40 dollars! In hindsight I guess I am glad I lost but those 2 cards would have been nice to own.

Here's a pic of Dit Clapper Dr. Next time, instead of driving straight through, Hastings, I think I am going to park and check out some of the local shops to see if see any old memorabilia exists anywhere? (That Banjo's restaurant is a great little spot, BTW! )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20160713_16_32_17_Pro.jpg (76.9 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20160713_16_32_04_Pro.jpg (75.1 KB, 132 views)

Last edited by irv; 08-01-2016 at 02:22 PM.