View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 11:26 PM
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradyhill View Post
Funny about all the doubters... many of us know this card and it is definitely the nicest centered Mantle 9 out there and Evans! I’m sure I’ll give the bidding a poke! Good Luck Evan!
Exactly. I've seen the card, and it merits the grade. It is one of the very few best in the world in my opinion, considering one of the tens is pretty severely tilted. As such I am excited about the card, not the flip.

I also agree it is funny to see the peanut gallery of '52 Mantle haters saying what other cards they'd rather have for the money, and how only a "fool" would buy this card. Go spend your money however you want, without taking bilious potshots at a fellow collector's preference. Let the next man spend his own money on whatever card makes him happy. If the popularity and status of the Mantle card bothers you, no one is forcing anyone to buy one.

And as was rightly said above, whoever has the money for this card (in any grade, for that matter) can certainly buy other cards he desires.

It's a gorgeous piece, Evan, and I wish you the best with the sale. I'm sure the new owner will be very happy with their purchase.

* That bat pictured below it is no slouch, either!

Last edited by MattyC; 02-28-2018 at 12:04 AM.