View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 11:41 AM
Ke.vin G.ray

So here is the box I purchased. I tried to walk through it visually. First is the box with the flaps closed. Second is a closeup of the box manufacturer's stamp, which is similar to the stamp found on other Topps cases. Third shows the right hand flap opened. There is a large piece of butcher paper on top. Below that are the sheets. Fourth photo shows the paper pulled back and the top of the stack underneath. I counted, and there are 53 sheets in total. The tape was popped when I got it, so I don't know if a few were removed or not when I got it. I can say it is a very full box. All 6 different sheets are represented I believe. There are anywhere between 8 and 10 examples of each of the sheets. At a minimum there are 8 complete sets of sheets. The 5th and 6th photos attempt to capture the look of the box from the side to show the stack of sheets. The last two photos just show a bit of the variety of sheets the box contains. With the exception of the top sheet, which has some wear on it (I assume from storage and transport) the rest of the sheets are dead flat and appear to be in great shape. The edges of the sheets show normal wear from being moved around for 33 years. The edge of a couple of the sheets have handwritten dates that appear to note a print date for the sheets.

This all leaves me wondering what this box is, what its purpose was, and what it represents. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate hearing from you. I provided the photos to assist anyone in their efforts.

Either way it was a super neat find for me.

Kevin

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Last edited by tulsaboy; 08-07-2019 at 11:44 AM.