View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 08:43 AM
J0hn Collin$

I have to say, the more I have read recently about both PSA's poor customer service AND their continued occasional propensity to totally flub the grading - I'm wondering how long they will continue to be the industry leader. Surely someone can do it better? The registry I get but pop report is already kind of a joke considering how many cards are routinely busted out and resubmitted. My main beef is the consistency of grading over time. I'm over the fact that I knew a long time ago that anyone who learned how to properly grade in the 1980's and who is lenient with certain types of tolerances is probably WAYYYY more qualified than whoever actually sits in grading rooms at PSA these days, but the fact that over time - particularly with mid-grade PSA 3-6 range cards - what they slabbed 15 years ago vs. in 2017 is not consistent. There are 1950's cards in PSA 5 slabs from 2002 that would be doing good to get 3's today. That defeats the whole point of professional grading...

At some point I think the insanity will stop and people will really realize that eye appeal along with hard facts about technical grading (i.e. there is no disputing this card is creased, that card has a dinged corner, etc...) will lead to a change in how grading works. For me at least right now, I think SGC is way more consistent and much easier to deal with.

Last edited by jchcollins; 07-31-2018 at 08:50 AM.