View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 07:12 PM

Thanks for your input guys, I do have family I could hand this ball down to and I probably will, but I would like them to get an idea of how much this ball could be worth so they do take care of it. I have 3 kids with no sentimental value attached to my grandfather or this ball, and if I was to give it to one of them the other two would probably want them to sell the ball and split the money 3 ways. I would have no problem with this because I know it would go to someone who really appreciates baseball memorabilia. Its a cool feeling to know that me, my dad, my grandfather and "Old Pete" all held this ball. I'm the one that is attached to it. My kids would not have the same passion for this ball as me. I've always cherish this ball and thought of my sports loving grandfather that I never met. He saw Babe Ruth's 3 home runs in game 4 of 1926 and was at Soldiers Field in Chicago for the Tunney/Dempsey "long count" fight. I could go on and on and maybe I will later, I just want my kids to know the monetary value of this ball because the sentimental value probably wont be there. I know without pictures yet it is hard to say, but what would your best guess be? Price range?