Thread: Value?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:30 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Unfortunately, for the most part, these contrived scarcity modern cards seldom hold much value long term. That is other than extremely short printed auto'd rookies of players that end up being great like Albert. Al may have more experience with them than I.
I gotta side with you on this one, Jeff. Unless it's a rookie, the value of these pretty much peak in the year of release. The further you get from that time, the less demand there is for them. And I don't there's any player good enough to counter that.. Also, don't think that people fall for the serial number stuff anymore. /25 means nothing when the only difference between it and the higher numbered one is some random variation on the back..

However, I also kinda agree with what AL said, but possibly for different reasons. I think this has probably already reached it's floor...I don't think it'll go down any more, BUT you could hope for Pujols to go on some ridiculous tear, and dump it when he's peaking.. Or, a potential change in thinking within the hobby, where either non-rookie cards start to garner attention, or this somehow becomes a must have set(although, I don't see that happening)