View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 02:30 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Nice Ben!

I have a question for you as you are much more into the 89's than I am. What do you think the "clear" Marlboro would bring if it ever came to market?
I think the "clear" Marlboro is a fantasy card. I have one somewhere and I was crazy excited till I put it under my top lighted microscope. It is the lightest pinkish/red version doctored. You can tell by seeing one in hand. Even with a scan just look at the cowboy, notice how it looks exactly like the version I am talking about. If it was a real version the whole sign would be clear and not just Marlboro part.

I did find a really weird blue tint a year or so ago. It is not a green turned blue because it is slightly different. The card bugs me though because it is ultra glossy and should not be. The print even under 100X top lighted microscope looks perfect though and there is no extra gloss on the edges like a reglossed card. Not sure what to think about it. Another member on here that is a huge collector of the Johnson Marlboro errors and has to of them but are in PSA slabs.

The first pic is the light pinkish/red version the "clear" versions are made from and the card beside it is the weird blue one. It looks way more blue in hand.

The other 2 cards are a custom refractor and superfractor I made. Sorry for the low end pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bluemarlboro.jpg (78.1 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg refractor2.jpg (77.3 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg rjsrclearsign.jpg (76.3 KB, 260 views)