View Single Post
Old 07-28-2002, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge question

Posted By: Julie Vognar

but anything in between is probably also O.K., as long as everything's there and in correct proportions.

i would avoid PSA, because they send your old Judge I(thus admitting they have no intention of providing different sized containers for the different sized old judges) in a BAG, attached to the hard plastic frame. The thing could slide around in there asnd get dinged. REALLY dumb.

I've been told thatSGC is picky about the backs of Old Judges, even though most people wouldn't care if there was a naked dancing girl on the back, as long as corners were good, front picture was clear, and contrast was good.

Most peopole who get Old Judges graded do it to have correctness of size acknowledged, protect card, and have back up that card is original, not rebacked, or reprinted. The grade is likely to be lower than you'd like.

For someone who owns 6 Old Judges, I sure have a lot to say.

JAY? EXPERT OPINION NEEDED.Please forgive me; Terry said it could just as easily have been a misunderstanding, and he's long since sold the Nichols (not to mention an S.F. Hess You Know Who..)