View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Default High grade cards are undervalued

Posted By: JimCrandell

Paul,

You don't know me so please don't say why I collect cards. I am passionate about collecting and love the hobby. I am trying to collect over 100 vintage sets in psa 8 or better. Why-I love high grade cards. I do not like the way cards look with creases, rounded corners or when they are off-center.. Investment is not a major objective although I have done unbelievably well with my high end graded cards. I have recently sold groups of T206s and M116s in psa 8 and 9 at 8-10 times what I paid for them. Will they continue to go up? Probably, although there will be ups and downs along the way.
Of course card prices can drop and anyone can site instances of this. For one thing all psa 8s are not the same. However, the grading of sportscards has bought a large number of high-end collectors into the market who now can buy cards with the assuredness that they have not been altered. I don't see this trend ending anytime soon...sorry
Sorry again but no matter how much you may wish it to be true I must agree with the earlier statement by my friend David Vargha that the PSA Set Registry has changed the collecting landscape forever. Things will not only not go back directionally to the way they are they will inexorably head toward more graded cards, more graded sets and more sets listed on the PSA Set Registry and also the SGC and GAI Registeries....the only question is the pace of that change.

Jim