View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 06:05 AM
Administrator

Default High grade cards are undervalued

Posted By: David H

Come on, you guys are clinging to two radical examples to prove my general statement false. Using those two sole examples to prove me wrong is a weak argument.

At any given time any one buyer can make poor choices and overpay for a card. A mistake on two peoples part does not invalidate 99% of other peoples decisions. You may disagree with my statements but to use these two examples to prove me wrong is not worth discussing further.

Second, this board is full of intgelligent people, no? i have seen alot of very smart people here. Surely you can grasp the simple concept that once you get into certain very high price ranges, prices become aritrary at any given time based on what one or two people are willing to pay at that moment. Be serious, is anyone really saying that because these two cards sold for less that the market for high quality and grade vintage cards has gone down over the last 5 years? i have seen at least one of you personally make statements that the market for cards as a whole is now out of your reach, yet you argue the opposite here?

Those two examples are not relevent to my statement.

For the record, i have no idea what the PSA site says. I have formed my own opinion independent of any grading company touting their products for financial gain. I am no parrot. I just happen to have what appears to be a different opinion from those here who feel otherwise.

I continue to beleive that high grade cards (valued generally from $200-$3000) are very underpriced.