View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 11:57 PM
Curt

I have several of the Garvey statue and cards and a few other easier to come by cards of different players. I think I may have gotten at least one from the guy described earlier as buying out the stock, as I remember getting photo copies with my statue showing what I seem to remember as flyers promoting and selling the statues and possibly even a story on them (Maybe from SCD?). I am not 100% sure I kept the copies he sent, but I will have to see if I can find them if I did.

It was interesting that it was noted these were purchased from Pacific Trading Cards. I live in WA and remember visiting Mike Cramer's store before he was producing cards at the volume we later knew as Pacific Trading Cards. That shop was a favorite stop when we visited my sister and drove by. My parents would usually agree to stop for my brother and I. At the time, he was doing minor league sets and those Cramer Production sepia old timer cards. I remember getting several boxes of 1984 Topps FB from him, as they were $5 each!

A few years back, he was selling old stock out of what was once a retail store in front of the card factory in Lynnwood, WA. I didn't see anything like the statues, but he had bundles of stuff, just like you'd see in his catalogs (pennants, pins, books, cards, etc).