View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 11:58 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

I'm at work today, but I wanted to make some quick comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Cole View Post
You go to the right gun dealer at a gun show and you can be a felon, convicted of murder or any other heinous crime, and walk away with a gun THAT DAY..
As far as the gun show loophole, I've honestly never heard of what you're describing. A licensed gun dealer isn't going to risk losing their license for a few dollars under the table. On the other hand, a felon (or anybody) can go into a gun show and buy a gun from an individual attending the show without any paperwork. If that's what you meant instead, then I agree that needs to be stopped.

Quote:
The shooter yesterday had no past history that would put him on the radar screen of either mental health professionals or law enforcement.
As I already stated, this guy posted a pic of a t-shirt (I don't know if he was wearing the shirt or not) on his Facebook page that said "Born to Kill". That is a red flag. He was known for wearing a trench coat. A trench coat in the Texas summer? It was hot as hell here yesterday! That's not a red flag too? Guess who else wore trench coats in the summertime? Sure, he had no past history, but do we wait for them to have a "history" to do something about them?

Quote:
Do you or should you lose your right to own a gun because you make disturbing social media posts?
YES!