View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Default Watch "junk" from this ebay seller...

Posted By: S Gross

Aw, come on Dave, it does say "Honest" in lower left corner ... happy.gif

I actually like his "disclaimer" on the S C G cards:

Clearly the grading service, "SCG", is one of these secondary grading services (numerous others), and the letters are very similar to a recognized service, SGC. I asked a legal authority on this, and he said that grading by anyone is legal, as long as it is an opinion, regardless who renders it. He believes anyone with a business license can make their own graded cards. He pointed out that there is no independent certifying body in the sportscard hobby, and even the more recognized grading companies are basicall self-declared experts who train their people without using an independent certification school, as far as he knows. With that I will sell some of these to determine their Ebay Value. One thing I can say for SCG, it looks like the grader did a very accurate job grading most of these cards (unlike most secondary services, who tend to overgrade cards to get more business). If the winning bidder re-submits these to recognized grading services, there could be a lot of money made here.

A bunch of hog-wash, but an interesting read (in a philosophical way)...

(italics added)