View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 01:51 PM
JeR@Me

Default Coupon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelaiTorres83 View Post
Given that a lot of t206 cards are miscut and some have 2 names I would ask if there are any miscut coupons? I also wonder are there any 2 name cards that disprove or contradict 2 name cards in the t206 set?

Every t206 card back has a miscut of some type.

Interesting questions. I am not aware nor do I believe I have seen a miscut Coupon card and I am not aware of any 2 name Coupon cards, however I believe there may be miscut Type 2 and 3 cards as well as possibly some oddly proportioned borders with possible 2 name on Type 2 & 3 Coupons.

One important thing you need to consider is just the scant quantity of Coupon. With only 68 players and less than 10 known to exists of any of those players (taken into account SGC/PSA pop reports show typically around 2-5 graded examples and of course the raw estimate, I think Coupon's exists in numbers of somewhere around 2-15 examples, perhaps slightly higher of each player. Probably less than 1,000 Total Coupons... (Until a find of an uncut sheet, proofs, or a chest from New Orleans where the smoker only smoked that brand ) That number compared to other brands is 1% or less, so there just may not be enough sample to see any 2 name or miscut Type 1's.

Edited to add : Also consider how big the T210 Old Mill set is and how many cards are in that set it has scant few wrong backs, miscuts, 2 name cards compared to T206. For a set this big, it has a very low number of odd cards. The quality control must have been really good on the T210's.

I think each set has different factors based on quantity, quality control, etc. - Also perhaps logistics may have played a part in some odd way. (American Litho to Train to Factory to Consumer)

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 01-11-2019 at 02:03 PM. Reason: T210 comment