View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Default HOF RC Collection Beginning - T206 question

Posted By: Brian T.

Hello all. I am new to vintage baseball card collecting as I have become disenchanted with all of the game used jersey/refractor/autograph/limited parallel chase cards in the past several years. I am now developing an affinity to vintage collecting and am embarking on a long-term project of collecting the rookie cards of the HOFers (not an original idea, I am certain). With that said, my knowledge base on pre-war cards is limited to what I have garnered in the past several weeks. I just discovered and registered with Net54 and figure that it is as good a place as any to ask this. From what I have read, SGC seems to be the leader in pre-war cards with PSA being second. So that I can "buy the card, not the holder" on T206 cards, where could I go to learn more about the T206 back variations, scarcity, and impact on value. I know that Piedmont and Sweet Caporal are by far the most common, but many speak of the factory numbers and other information about the backs even on the seemingly more common backs. Has anyone compiled some of this information somewhere so that rookies to T206 like me can get up to speed quicker? Thanks for your patience and your help.