View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Banned

it seems like you as the seller, doesn't know, then why are you selling the autograph?

you put in the tag line "pass jsa or psa or your money back" but that is just jobbing off authenticity to these tpa's. you say that is what they are for, but you as the seller have to know if its real first before you sell. do you? you are offering the autographs because you feel comfortable with the source, but that's not good enough. you have to know the autographs are real before you sell them.

why are you selling something you have no idea if it is real? If you are certain it is real, then show us why. I don't understand people selling stuff they dont have a clue on whether or not it is real or not, just saying that it will pass psa or jsa or your money back, when they know that some people wont ever send it in to psa or jsa anyway, and even if they do, what the odds psa or jsa knows if it is real either?

That's the thing about authentication and selling that drives me nuts.

before psa and jsa a seller or dealer had to know what they are selling, now they can just sell, sell, sell and say that if psa or jsa reject it, they will give money back. that's crazy. you have to know if it is real first, then sell it.

its made for less educated dealers, sellers, buyers, everyone, because everyone will just agree that psa or jsa will tell us if its real. we just saw a stamped campanella sig in a psa holder.

I ocassionally sell boxing autographs, and I don't have them with a psa or jsa cert, which instead of an LOA, i call them LOA's, because of their track record, but i dont promise they will pass psa or jsa either when I list them. i simply say that i know this is a real autograph, and i dont guarantee they will pass psa or jsa, because psa or jsa might pass or fail something and get it wrong and then I am on the hook for psa's or Jsa's mistake? I don't think so.

I go by evidence, if any evidence ANYONE brings to me can show me the autograph is no good, i will refund the buyer, and to date I have refunded someone 75 dollars on one autograph.

nobody is saying you aren't honest, but not knowing what you are selling and then promising it will pass psa or jsa is just a game a lot of people play and it's a bad policy to do it that way in my opinion. I know this post is controversial but it is true. Saying that psa and jsa will be your research only after the fact that you have sold it already, i can't fathom it. Please don't be mad at me, but if you are, it's okay, half the people here do too, and I can take it.

Last edited by travrosty; 06-30-2012 at 04:14 PM.