View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 10:23 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
As mentioned in a couple other threads, the most surprising thing to me is that in deciding throw, they didn't use a hard play action fake to sell the run. Everyone expects run in the situation, and you get any one DB to bite, and someone's wide wide wide open. They could have done so and allowed a TE to sell block and sneak out into the flat (or even a tackle eligible like Gary suggests), or could utilize Wilson's mobilitiy and decisiveness on either a roll or a bootleg with several options to throw, or to keep.

I probably would run there, pass on 3rd down, and do whatever is needed on 4th. As was, they passed, then I'm sure would have run on 3rd and done either on 4th. I don't fault the decision to throw (they likely would have thrown on at least one of 3 downs), as much as the play design/call.

Whats funny is if they score...everyone would be criticizing belichek for not calling a timeout with a minute left..instead he let it tick down to 30 secs...which would of been more than enough time for seahawks to run 3 plays as they had a timeout ....all the pats would of needed would of been a fg to tie the game like green bay did a week earlier...no reason not to call your 3 timeouts if seahawks run ball and are stopped....but..

the irony is...if a timeout was called...I pretty sure seattle ends up running the ball when they have time to think about it on 2nd down..plus another reason they run is they would want ne to burn more timeouts if stopped on a run versus an incomplete pass......