View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 03:37 AM
David Linardy

Default Mickey Mantle Autograph Help Part 2

So some of you may have read my post on the bat my dad purchased for me in the late 80's/early 90's... As I had suspected it wasn't good and I appreciate the opinions of all board members...

So I have been on an autographed collecting binge for the last year and a half, and feel like I am ready to transition my focus back into cards... but before I do, I want to replace this mickey mantle...

Anyhow, my friend and neighbor offered me the attached Mantle piece at an extremely fair price. I took the piece out of the frame and it is on a heavy paper stock (cut from something but the back is blank). My fear was that the auto was a facsimile, but it is not as the ink of the signature has bled through the paper...

I compared it to several authenticated examples on ebay, and found several that were similar... but am still very leary given the amount of forged mantle stuff on the market...

So I told my neighbor that I would think about it, and was hoping to get some board members opinions prior to making the purchase...

Thanks in advance for the help!
-Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mikes_mantle.jpg (39.2 KB, 151 views)

Last edited by daves_resale_shop; 04-23-2012 at 03:43 AM. Reason: addition