View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 08:49 AM
Mike M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by argpdt View Post
I am a huge fan of this set too. I am working on the first 24 and I think I have 15 now. I have also had the experience where the buy it now prices are way too high to tempt me, but every so often I try to win an auction when they come up. I have some graded and some ungraded. In graded I look for nice 2s and 3s. Next month I was planning to post on Net54 to see if I can acquire any of the cards that I need.

Has anyone found any reasonably priced sources for these outside of ebay? I try to stay in the $35-65 range, to stay within my card budget.
I am also noticing that the supply on nice (relative for the grade) psa 2-4’s seems to be drying up. I’m looking for just a couple of cards and they are either double what I would expect to pay, out of focus, super off center or some combination of the above 3. It has been a good six months since I’ve been able to make an addition, and I paid more than I wanted too even using those great eBay promotions that have been running lately.

Even the ones that are auctions are selling at strong prices, I may just need to adjust my expectations on what I’m going to pay. It seems that prices are strong for all cards in general and that people are figuring out its worth it to pay for eye appeal. It’s kind of surprising that it took this long for people to realize that actually. Good luck with your hunt.

Mike