View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 02:49 PM
Al Wright

Read this thread and thought I must join in!

With the Rangers having sent so many players packing towards the end of last season (including Vigneault, who I thought was a pretty good coach) I'm not expecting a whole lot this season. That said you never know and I'm looking forward to the home opener tomorrow night against Nashville.

It's been a few years since I've been to MSG - just too damn expensive anymore. But talking about seats, back in the day I had a buddy who could turn the cheapest blue section nose bleeders into some of the best seats I've ever been in. You'd pass a twenty (or a little more depending on the game) to this old time usher who'd tell you to go downstairs to section whatever and ask for so and so. The password would be different each time. I remember "stuffed cabbage" on one occasion. Viola, you'd be sitting 4 or 5 rows off the ice between the red lines. Ah, the good old days.

Might be a chance for me to get a bucket list item taken care of this spring. Always wanted to head up to Ontario and get on the train and head west. Stopping in any town that had a Major Junior team, watch a match and head to the next stop for another. All the way to Spokane or Vancouver. Maybe.

Leafs look like a pretty good club to me. I hate the Islanders, but saw enough of Tavares while he was there to know he is a blue chip player. If he's not a big piece up there I'll be suprised.