View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 03:52 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
Irv, nice pickups for your 52 set.

For me, finding a nicely centered copy of this 73 Kaline with the Band-Aid on the forehead has been a challenge at best....finally found a centered copy in nice shape...
Thanks, SFMS's. Glad to hear you found a card you'd been after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLarry View Post
On to the cards. First I bought a collection of 1949 and 1950 Bowman baseball cards. Each 1949 Bowman has two hole punches at each top corner with some kind of fabric in the hole punch. I would guess some kind of mounting system? All the 1950 Bowmans have the players name inked on the front. 179 cards total (83 diff 1949B) and (96 diff 1950 B) commons maybe a few minor stars, I haven't checked what series these are from, I also need to look for the copyright/no copyright info...

One of my OBC collecting buddies tells us to keep an eye open for 1952 Topps cards numbered 131-190 with grey card stock. This $4 Stan Rojek has grey card stock, and I scanned the back next to the card that's in my set. Not sure if this is what I was suppose to find or even what the grey card stock means?

Lots more to share, but I have to go eat!

Larry
Someone else on here, within the last few months, also had a card identically punched like that. I can't remember who or exactly when, but it seems either more than one person done that, or maybe, by chance, you both purchased cards from the same person?

As far as Gray backs go, lots of stories/info exist on those but from what I have been told, the whole card, including the front looks grayish/different than the non grays.
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=128228

I have backs like you have, most look gray and some are blazing white/clean but none of mine are gray backs.

ALR-Bishop will know for sure if your's is, but judging by your pic, I am going to say no?

EDIT: Just looked at my Rojek, and it looks like your previous copy, not your new one, so you may just have a gray back there?? The front of the card looks normal to me however, but maybe that doesn't mean anything?

Last edited by irv; 09-10-2016 at 04:05 PM.