View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 12:17 PM
J0hn Collin$

+1 for CIS.

They ran a deal being advertised by Beckett a few years back, and I decided it was time I got my stuff insured. While I would be ticked if a natural disaster destroyed my entire collection, I don't have anything uber rare or 1/1 to the point where money could not replace it - so for me, insuring the cards and keeping them in the house and not across town in a safe deposit box where they would never see the light of day is ideal.

I've renewed twice now I think, last year increasing my total value by a few grand, and this year due to the market conditions I just left it the same. They are easy to work with and friendly when you call to ask questions. No item has to be individually declared I don't think unless it's worth north of $25k. Also I like the fact that as a collector (not if you are a legit seller / business) you are covered on incidental items from your collection that you sell / get rid of, and so I no longer have to buy USPS insurance on expensive cards that I sell, but only signature confirmation. This is a nice perk. I don't sell a ton, and never do it really with profit in mind (generally only paying down newly incurred card debt....) so not having to pony up for expensive USPS insurance anymore is nice.

Last edited by jchcollins; 03-22-2023 at 12:18 PM.