View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 06:44 PM
Al

Default Now Open - Love of the Game's Spring Premier Auction

Hi Everyone!

Hope all is well and that everybody is in good health as we head into spring.

I wanted to let everyone know that our latest Premier Auction is now open for bidding. The auction closes on Saturday, March 30. Catalogs mail to active bidders next week.

I don't think I've been as excited about an auction as I am about this one. At 1500 lots it's our biggest auction ever, and it's just loaded with rare type cards, 19th Century material, interesting memorabilia, photos, and cards.

I've got a few favorites I wanted to point out:

Probably the coolest thing is a collection of glass lantern slides produced by Frank W. Smith, a photographer for the Cleveland Plain-Dealer. The slides include photos from Spring Training of 1914, along with some regular-season shots. My favorite is a never before seen image of Shoeless Joe Jackson sliding into home during a game at League Park on September 4, 1914. I think it's a gorgeous shot that rivals Conlon's Ty Cobb Sliding photo.

We had high quality prints made of each slide, so each winner will not only get the slide, but a print.

We've got another Punch Cigarros card, this one of Hall of Famer Pete Hill, one of only two cards issued of Hill during his career.

We have a newly-discovered 1921 Voskamp's Coffee Bill Skiff. Up until this card's discovery, there was only one card known to exist from this set (of Drew Rader), and only one known example of that card.

We've got our first-ever Ruth bat, a PSA GU 7 model from 1918-21.

We're breaking up the #4 1963 Topps Master set on the registry, and there's a ton of other things you don't see every day. Check out the 1919 Black Sox trial items, and be sure to look at the article written by Jacob Pomrenke of SABR (in our printed and e-book catalog).

There are still finishing touches being put on the auction, so if you find something missing a description, hang tight - it'll be up shortly. But I'm too excited about the auction not to get it open!

To access the auction, visit here: https://bid.loveofthegameauctions.com/Lots/Gallery

As always, thanks so much for all your support.

Best,
-Al