View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Dan Bretta

Default Very bummed out....what are my options?

So I won this item on ebay on Saturday night.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...T#ht_500wt_947

..I paid immediately with my paypal and got a note from the seller telling me that it was shipped out on Monday...well this seller lives only 50 miles from me in Omaha so I figure I'll have the package at the latest on Wednesday no matter what method they shipped it. On Thursday I contacted the seller and asked what method was used to ship it and they said it was sent priority and they gave me the tracking number...this morning I looked up the number and it showed that it was set to be delivered....my wife was home all day and never heard the mailman...I got home from running errands and saw that the mail was in my mailbox, but no sign of a package.

I ran out and did some more errands thinking that the postal carrier must have not gotten my package on his truck this morning....I started thinking maybe if I go down to the post office they'll have it there...well when I got there they looked it up in the computer and it showed as "Delivered"...they then called the postal carrier and he said he left the package on my front porch. As far as I know the only people on my porch today besides my family was the postal carrier and someone delivering flyers for a home repair company...I searched through the trash and found the wadded up flyer and called the company to ask them who was delivering those flyers and he asked me why...I explained my situation and he refused to give me their names....so I called the police and handed all the info to them.

Now what are my options here? I paid $284 for the photo (with tax and shipping), and it was sent without signature confirmation or insurance. Am I just screwed because it shows delivered? Anyone know if I can still claim with paypal? How do I do that?