View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftygrove10 View Post
Dan:

I have had similar cases before, where the item was shown as "delivered", but it was not delivered to me. Eventually, the item showed up on my front porch between my screen door and main door after the regular mail was delivered. This indicated to me that the package had originally been delivered to the wrong address and the people who received the package in error delivered it to me themselves. If the package was delivered in error to someone else, then they put it back in the mailbox and the package went back to the post office for re-processing, then you're looking at several extra days before you see the package.

I would recommend waiting at least two or three weeks before you take any action on this package. I know it's hard to be patient, but it is possible that someone else has your package by accident. They could be on vacation and not realize that they have your package until they return from vacation.

Brad
I already took action, but if the scenario you describe is what happened and it eventually shows up I'll take all the necessary steps to rectify the situation. I hope your scenario is what happened and it eventually shows up...I doubt I'll see another one of these. It was like a perfect storm of wrongness...The package was already way late considering it only had to travel 50 miles to get to me, I wasn't home waiting for the mail, and my regular carrier was not working (my regular carrier is awesome and would have never left a package on my porch).