View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Default Looking For a Good Biography Book Of Jimmy Foxx

Posted By: Mike

Since I pretty much only collect Foxx items, cards, mags, photos etc. etc. it would only make sense I have a lot of books. There are three that are all pretty good. I have read them all. One is much better than the other two, but it has been a few years, and I honestly cannot recall which one is the better one. I believe it is: Jimmie Foxx - The pride of Sudlersville. By Mark Milliken. Another fun one is Double X. Baseballs forgotten Slugger. By Bob Gorman. The third is: Jimmie Foxx, Baseball hall of famer. By W. Harrison Daniel. Once again, one is clearly better, and I think it is the First one I mentioned. Pride of Sudlersville. Many more personal stories and anecdotes. Good luck and enjoy...There are also many out of print books on the Phil A's teams of the late 20's and early 30's, that talk alot about Jimmie. If anyone wants those titles, I will be glad to furnish them. Another very rare book on the Phil A's and is just wonderful and it is called the Mackmen, "The Reflections on a Baseball Team" by Father Jerome C. Romanowski - The Baseball Padre. Is terrific and a fun read. many many pictures of the old A's teams

Edited to add: Now that I look at them, the Double X - by Bob Gorman may be the best one. many greta and rare photos