View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post

Jeff- For me, and consider the source, I would personally pick BVG as I think they are far more consistent in their grading, and know more about pre-war, than most of the graders at that grading company from California that is part of Collectors Universe. Just my opinion and many will disagree.
Leon,
You are certainly entitled to your opinions, but let's separate opinions from speculation. Do you know how many graders there are at PSA? Among them, how many grade vintage cards? And among those that grade vintage cards, how many have you had in-depth discussions with such than you would be in a place to draw an informed conclusion about their knowledge of vintage cards? Sure PSA has made mistakes. From my unscientific observation, the grading companies each make mistakes in approximately equal proportion to the number of cards they grade. You may know the graders at BVG and based on that know that they are knowledgeable about pre-War cards. Since I have hardly seen any pre-war cards in BVG holders, presuming they were knowledgeable in that are would be a giant leap of faith for me. I would certainly trust them with '89 Donruss if I had any.
JimB