View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay Fraud Story

Posted By: dan mckee

WOW! These posts are amazing! I truely had no position on this a day ago as I had no way of knowing the exact facts. But I must say the tide is turning to one particular side. The main thing I notice that seems consistant is the "No return". I know Leon believes in this method but I believe that no one should be an unhappy customer. I accept returns on all of my online sales. Now 1 bad thing with this is that I have had cards switched out on me by a very reputable dealer once! I called him on it, he admitted it and made things right though I think he got me for alot on an earlier transaction.

Only twice can I think of having problems with returns: once a gentleman took 2 days looking a card over at a show, came back and bought it, then returned it the next day, I think he just over spent himself, so I reluctently took it back. 2nd time was a yahoo auction, I sold a T205 with SEVERE back damage. The winner submitted it to PSA and it was returned trimmed, The winner contacted me 6 weeks after auctions end and wanted a refund. This I denied. The card was not trimmed, the time elapsed was rediculous and who would trim a card with the back ripped off? Sorry, may have been too long here, Dan.

I do not like the restocking fee here either, if the items were returned damaged, then communication and a mutual agreement should have been made. If that was attempted and failed, then I guess the restocking fee was the only option.